Welcombe Radio has developed this policy in light of the changes to legislation on May 25th 2018. in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulations from 25th May 2018.
It is meant to be read in conjunction with an email that was sent to all identified contacts for Welcombe radio as from the date of May 20th 2018. After that date all contacts will be processed in accordance with this policy. Contacts will be notified if there are any any changes to this policy.
This policy is being sent to all current volunteers and will be made accessible to all new volunteers.
It can also be found on our website at http://www.welcomberadio.co.uk/privacy-policy/
The Welcombe Radio lead for Privacy and organisational policy is the Station Manager. details can be found on the website.
- We collect personal information (e.g. name, address, email, telephone number) when you communicate with us. This may be in the form of emails, letters, phone calls and the completion of forms (electronic or otherwise). We use personal information to contact you by post, telephone or email, but we will never sell or disclose any information you provide to us to any third party other than for the purpose for which it was collected. Your information is held electronically on a secure server and paper records are kept securely by the Administrator.
- Third party recipients of names and addresses may be used and will be organisations to print and distribute communications such as Annual General Meeting papers, Newsletters, etc.
- The processing of personal data for direct contact with our volunteers may be regarded as carried out for a legitimate interest and is of benefit to volunteers e.g. to send volunteers information about Welcombe Radio such as AGM papers, Newsletters, Programme Schedules and events we may hold.
- We will also use volunteers information to process volenteers subscriptions and to seek payment for events where an entry payment is required.
- You have the right to seek confirmation as to whether personal data concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data (Article 15 of the REGULATION (EU) 2016/679). Contact email@example.com or telephone 07714 868088.
- We will retain and archive volunteer information however if you have any concerns about the way Welcombe Radio handles your personal information contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If Welcombe Radio is unable to resolve your information rights concerns you can raise your concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies are small pieces of data created when you visit a website and stored on your computer's hard disk. Cookies do not harm your computer.
- The cookies we set on our site are "session cookies", which means that your log-in details are stored temporarily in your computer while you move around the site. They are essential if you wish to use that part of the site. Session cookies are deleted when you log out, close your browser or exit from the Internet.
- We also use Google Analytics and other such sites which sets their own cookies to collect information on how you use our website, such as which pages you go to most often and if you get any error messages. We only use these cookies to improve how our website works. These cookies do not collect any personal information. You can set your computer not to accept cookies. However, if you do this, it may limit ease of access to features of the site.
- Log files are maintained by our Internet hosting service and allow us to record visitors' use of the site. Log files do not contain any personal information. Log file information is combined from all our visitors and is used for statistical purposes.
- We will endeavour the ensure that the Welcombe Radio website is available 24 hours a day, however we reserve the right to suspend or cancel this site at any time. We also cannot guarantee uninterrupted service due to technical or other reasons outside of our control.
- Links from this website to other sites are for information only. We are not responsible for, nor endorse any content of any site we link to, nor can we guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of linked pages.
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any data sent electronically to us via this site and stored and processed by us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulations from 25th May 2018. However, you accept the risk that data sent electronically to us via this site may be intercepted before reaching us or accessed from our data storage by unauthorised third parties, who may exploit this unlawfully.
- We have tried our best to make sure that all the information, data and other material (copy and images) on our website are accurate, complete and free of errors. However, we do not accept any liability for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused because of using or relying on this information. We may change and update this information without notice. Please contact us if you have query on any information published on this site.
Welcombe Radio Station Manager